December 1, 1955 – The Maxwell House Coffee House Opens in Disneyland
On December 1, 1955, the Maxwell House Coffee House opened in Disneyland’s Town Square. Sponsored by Maxwell House coffee, the restaurant served a variety of beverages and pastries, and was in a prime location where guests could drink coffee and watch other guests meander through Main Street. Maxwell House ended their sponsorship on October 8, 1957. Once the sponsorship ended, however, the coffee house stayed open and was given new sponsorship from the Hills Brothers coffee company.