July 30, 1956 – The Mineral Hall Store Opens in Disneyland
“An exciting display of minerals glowing in the beauty of black light!”
On July 30, 1956, the Mineral Hall store and display opened in Disneyland’s Frontierland. Guests could enter the hall and see a variety of minerals under regular light and black light; there was a bonus of guests being able to see how their clothes would glow under the black light. Guests were also able to purchase the types of minerals on display. The store closed in 1963.