October 8, 1957 – The Maxwell House Coffee House Closes
“Famous Disneyland serves Maxwell House coffee exclusively”
On October 8, 1957, the Maxwell House Coffee House, located in Disneyland, closed. Located in Town Square, the coffee house opened on December 1, 1955. Though this particular coffee house lasted close to two-years, it didn’t close down entirely, but changed sponsorship from Maxwell House to Hills Brothers, a San Francisco-based coffee brand.