August 22, 1956 – The Carefree Corner Opens in Disneyland
On August 22, 1956, the Carefree Corner guest registration area opened on Disneyland’s Main Street. As guests traveled from all over the world to visit the park, the area contained special guest books for each state in the United States, along with several other countries, in which guests could sign. The area also acted as the main information hub on Main Street, offering guests guidebooks when they were first made available in 1965. The area closed in 1985, and was replaced with Card Corner until 1988, when it picked up the Carefree Corner moniker again until 1994.